View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:26 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX150 View Post
I think axle flex is throwing your chain. A center carrier bearing on the axle would fix this.
I was wondering that and it would thrown the chain to the center of the axle!! As we all know, he sprocket is offset towards the left end of the axle if facing it from the rear. Too much modding for me to do now. I will look into that center carrier bearing as I see that the center of the axle is free and clear but is it a correct size? because the other factory sprocket and disc mounts were welded in place? I just thought that axle was a beast for it's size but then again, a 500cc engine drops a lot more torque than a 150cc engine. I also pondered a chain guard like they use on race carts. You know, those two 'aluminum' halves (so you don't have to remove the axle) that bolt up on each side that prevent the chain from being thrown while 'cart racing...etc. I believe they have have them for similar racing applications also. I might also look into making a pair of aluminum discs( maybe out of diamond plate since I have a supply), if I can't find such an animal, to bolt up on each side of my rear sprocket... and is a sprocket for a 520 chain also known as a #40 or #50? Slips my mind at the moment...http://www.*************/Sprocket-414...le_p_4201.html Thanks for the suggestion.

Scott

Last edited by WizardMaster; 04-04-2016 at 11:37 AM.