View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Lurker

Started the re-fabrication on the frame..
It's actually not all that bad. All of the rusted out spots were right in the areas of welds... tells me someone either used the wrong wire when it was manufactured or maybe had some gas shield problems. The metal cleaned up nice enough for a bond... damn chicom crap steel...

More Peektures...

And my flywheel removal tool came in...

interesting tho... when I tested the stator on the motor... It showed the exciter coil basically wide open.. now that it is off and cleaned up a little bit i can actually get a reading of .556ohms. There was quite a bit of rusty bits and magnetic dust covering the magnet. Wondering if I just had a grounding issue? probably still going to just replace the whole dang harness... Again... I dont need a direct replacement harness... I can shoehorn in any accessories i might want... Just need it to make spark for now... Does not seem to matter wether the harness was specifically built for this buggy as long as it has the right stator to bolt up to the motor correct? looking at a 6 pole stator with complete harness for 60$ shipped from right here in Texas.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHINESE-GY6-...3D132180396043