Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 57
BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum - View Single Post - Difference between a buggy and a go kart
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Contributor

A mini buggy to me is a full suspension, electric start, cvt or manual trans engine with reverse, Lights(headlights, taillights, brake lights, roof lights, etc.), CDI, some type of instrument/switch cluster(key switch,lights,horn,speedometer,12v outlet,etc.), hydraulic braking system, harnesses and rollcage, and made to be driven off road.
Go karts usually have smaller wheels and tires, no suspension or very cheap suspension set up, no hydraulic brakes, industrial type engine with a pull cord(though some have reverse and electric start), usually cheaper than a buggy, no electronics( some do have head lights), and better for riding in the yard or street.
I know that are models like Crossfire 150 and Yerfdog Spiderbox that did not come with reverse, but I still consider those a buggy. I also have a Yerfdog 3203 that has a rollcage and front and rear suspension, but I'd call it a go kart.
For me, a buggy is more advanced and complicated compared to a simple designed go kart. The buggy will be more expensive to maintain and repair when broken compared to a go kart. But you can usually get more performance options for a buggy too.
Though both are fun to drive, if I planned on going off road or trail riding in parks I'd get a buggy. If I was just cruising around the neighborhood or yard I'd get a go kart.
2015 Hammerhead GTS 250-SOLD
2008 Kazuma Coyote 150-SOLD

Last edited by EVILWS6; 12-07-2017 at 09:11 PM.