View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 02:02 PM
Lurker

Default Hello From Colorado!

What's up everyone? I'm new to the buggy/go kart scene although I've done a pretty good job enlightening myself about then so far.

I just recently purchased a 150cc gokart, it hasn't been delivered yet but I got some extra goodies right off the batt aswell.

so far this is what I've gotten to put on the buggy

-Performance CDI w/ updated ignition curve aswell as the Rev limiter removal
-New replacement carb
-New main jets ranging from #100-#140 (any input on being at 9500ft elevation and choosing a good main jet would be appreciated)

Things I haven't gotten but plan too shortly

-Uni Filter
-Performance Exhaust
-12g Sliders
-1.5k clutch spring
-new tires
-replace gauges with something better, same with lights
-Big Bore Kit (I'm still a little foggy on what's involved with the big bore kit as far as machining and installation, also which kit to buy)

Primarily I will be trail riding out here in Colorado mountains, I live right next to a string of 23 miles of trails for OHV'S. My biggest and only concern is making this buggy as powerful and reliable as possible, I'm not gonna rag on it to ****, but I will have fun!

If anyone has any other suggestions on "bang for your buck" Performance for these 150cc gy6 clone engines, I'd love to hear them. I've investigated a turbo kit for it at some point, but from my research it looks like a wise decision to beef up the drive train first as the engine seems easy to upgrade.

the model of my buggy is the "Jet Moto ZX-4"

PS of anyone is in the Denver CO area, send me a message!

-Mac