View Single Post
Old 03-11-2016, 11:41 AM
Heavy Contributor

I've been having issues with gas coming out of the over flow in the bottom half of the bowl of carb. I thought maybe just needed to adjust the float. Tried to adjust yesterday. I don't know, maybe I went the wrong way. It still was running out like crazy. But not until I started the engine. And once started, started coming out right away. It's the bottom one shown in the pics that gas coming out. If I'm right, it comes up from the bottom inside the bowl, and goes upwards. Looks like the fitting might have moved. Maybe out wards. If look real close, can see where maybe the fitting was pulled out slightly. So would bring the fitting lower down inside the bowl??? is this possible??
But not sure if the fitting is seated completely in the bottom of the carb. bowl. Could it be leaking around the fitting????
I don't know. Carb been sitting on bench for last 5 months, since winter started. Don't think a changed anything before I left it setting on bench. And don't think I changed the float lvl either.
There a way to test these things, to see where the problem is???
It's coming out pretty good, once it starts. But can leave engine running, and shut off the gas value on bottom of gas tank, and the gas stops running right away. But still plenty of gas in gas line, and carb, for engine to keep running for while.
Any Ideas????
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (84.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg carb 2.jpg (38.0 KB, 17 views)