View Single Post
Old 04-19-2016, 02:43 PM
Heavy Contributor

I look into that for sure.
We got some rain this last weekend. And raced to get some new mods done. Or more, fix stuff from last year. One pic is before we went playing. 2nd is after. Actually little cleaner then before. Rain really hard, to point we had to stop. But was fun, for first time out this year.
If you look. Center of buggy sits lower, or more lvl from front to back. I flipped the rear shock mounts, to Lower the center of gravity. And engine sits more lvl as well. I put in new driver seat, that broke last year. Put in new reverse cable, so have reverse again. I made a bracket for the air intake, so more stable then zip ties. Put links in chain, so can use the reinforcement bracket I made for rear engine mount. Did fix my carb issue. Yep needle seat upside down. Made a new cover for my electric box, that I lost last year. Put back on the modified chain guard I made. Put new grease in reverse box. Changed oil. (Much easier now) since engine more lvl. New gas. Cleaned filter.
Re adjusted the rear fenders, since lowered the body. Wanted to get front fenders back on. But looking into making brackets coming off frame, rather then coming off spindles. I'd rather the fender brackets come off spindles. Look so much better, plus they turn with the wheels. But they keep cracking due to the amount of jarring they get, without being able to utilize the shocks. being welded to the spindle, really throws them around.
I'll look more into it. Ideas anyone?
Needs some fresh paint in few places. And I'll decide on upgrading the shocks, or engine first, here in a month.
Anyway, it about that time of the year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160417_170938.jpg (98.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 20160417_164414.jpg (96.3 KB, 36 views)