View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 07:43 AM
Heavy Contributor

Was actually first thing I noticed when I bought the FL 350. How the rear is so much wider then the front. Could see how that could be a issue with the 350. The fronts on the YD, is much wider then rear. Even if I up graded the rear axle that has a extra 2 inches on each side, the front would still be wider. But tell truth, not sure if the oddy would fit through there. At end of video you can hear me slowing down. Guessing coming up to a big drop off, with another pair of tree's to squeeze in. And there is a tight turn right behind it.
I have checked all the trails. the YD can ride all the trails, and fit through everything. However, if it gets wet. That's a different story. Guessing maybe 3 or 4 Acers. My dad runs a 3D archery shoots at this location. It's made for foot traffic. But keep trails wide enough so that 4 wheeler, and smaller UTV's to move the targets around. just recently realized how fun it is for mini buggies.

Scyarms, wow, that would worry me also if could go through trails at 45 mph. And could see how that might be a concern, that the 5 points may not be enough.
I've got 10 gram sliders in my CVT. I like getting to that 27 mph fast as possible. And it gets to 25mph really quick. top speed is 35mph. But takes a good straight away to get it up there. Really my setup is about perfect for what's out there. Could always use MORE POWER!!! But for kids, really don't know if would trust them with much more. So not sure what I'll do, when I get to some major mods into the engine. Which right now, I'm thinking of upgrading the shocks first, before going into the engine. Maybe I'll be really happy with the shocks, don't think I need anymore power, and can focus on the Oddey.

My engine is not stock. But nothing major. 155cc kit. A12 Cam. Port and polished the intake and exhaust. vm 26mm minki carb. and UNI intake. And right now running pretty much a straight header, for exhaust. And guess I have the larger sprocket on the axle to pretty much keep it lower geared. So nothing special. Not compared to some others on this site.

Since playing around in tree's now, I really need to think about beefing up the bulkhead up front. Just incase a tree is hit. From what I've ppl do, is just take some 3/8 plates and weld them across the bulkhead, from end to end. And put in some longer, and high grade bolts. So guess can be next project.

Question. Has anyone done this?? Beef up there bulkhead? Just curious What size of bolts would I need? Length, and grade to use?

Another question. Has anyone, or do I need to mess with it. The piece welded from the body to the bulkhead. Does that need to be beefed up any as well? If so, got any pics to show me what you did to it?

Scyarms:: what kind of mod are you think of????

Thanks guys. It's a fun little area.

Last edited by tkeagle; 05-17-2016 at 07:48 AM.