View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 11:25 PM
Lurker

Default Carter 250 white smoke

Good evening everyone. I recently finished replacing the engine in my Carter 250. I bought this buggy a year ago and got tied up with work and hadn't had a chance to try to get it going. I love the look of this buggy in particular. The stance is perfect in my opinion. Well I ordered a couple of cdis( thanks to those that helped me on that) and got to work on it. I cleaned it all up and it just wouldn't start. Took spark plug out and a fine mist of coolant sprayed out of spark plug hole. I was disappointed but figured oh well just a head gasket. Well I could not for the life of me find a replacement. But I had purchased a complete engine that was supposed to be new a while back. So I swapped them out and it fired right up. It takes a couple of tries to start. Messing with the choke. But once it fires up it'll fire up at the turn of the key all day long. It'll idle for 15-20 min at a time. Fan kicks on and off. No leaks. No smoke. Rode around the yard no smoke. But today I took it out for a good ride and it runs great. But when I come to a stop it smokes pretty hard. Looks white. If i let it sit for a bit and turn back on it'll idle great no smoke. But when I drive it again and come to a stop it's blowing smoke. Is this from the engine sitting for a few years or is there something terribly wrong. I hope not. Like I said it runs great. Plenty of power from what I can tell. And it'll idle forever without any smoke at all. Thanks