View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswrivers View Post
Mmmm... that sounds wrong. I have ditches I go in and out of w/me and a couple kids for 250lb of weight and I don't even have to hit the throttle too much. They're not real deep but the sides are steep.

As to timing, yes... here's a good link w/pictures.

...NM that link is blocked. If you Google GY6 setting timing the fist link will have instructions and pictures.

If your off by a tooth you'll be down on power, and these 150s need all they can get, but if it can't make it out of a ditch that sounds like it's very down on power. I only have the one buggy but the idea that the engine is vibrating sounds all wrong. It's not like your new piston is wobbling in it's new cylinder... so it doesn't make much sense.
Thanks for the link - this is the buggy depot technical center page. I checked that out. One thing I noticed is that when I tried to get the lines lined up as in this pic below, it kept rotating a little on its own and be off by 1/4". Like it would rotate to a "dip" (probably the crank settling). So what I did was use a socket extension on one of the cage fins to hold it in place.

I guess my timing might be suspect now....