View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 07:18 PM
Lurker

Check the torque on your clutch and variator nuts. The variator should be around 28, and the clutch should be around 36-40 foot pounds of torque (Check the manual for your specific model). If you get the nuts too tight, it will not allow either to engage and puts too much tension on the drive.

I had this same thing happen to me when I first got my buggy. I was using an impact driver to take them on and off. I didn't want them coming off when driving, so I gave them a little extra squeeze. My buggy wouldn't go anywhere. Thought I had really messed something up.

The timing chain tensioner (unless it is bad) is self adjusting. It will adjust itself to the correct amount of tension. Just let it idle for a bit and then take it for a easy drive.

Also, just FYI, check your ignition switch. I was loosing the frame ground on mine when I got it. Sometimes it would start and sometimes it wouldn't. I took mine apart, held both grounds together with a pair of needle nose plyers and touched the hot wire to them. Fired right up. I replaced it with a push button switch. The first time mine wouldn't start was after I took my carb off and cleaned it. I thought I had messed something up when I cleaned it. Took it off 3 times before I figured out it was the ignition going in and out.

Last edited by Mehoo222; 09-17-2017 at 07:35 PM.