View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 10:57 AM
Supporting Vendor

When Carter burned down they were in the process of starting to build their buggies in the US. They had just received many containers of parts, supplies and scooters. They had millions invested when the economy crashed and sales pretty much come to a complete halt. Than the fire occurred, everything was destroyed to the point nothing was salvageable. All 3 buildings and everything in them were destroyed. Immediately there were no parts at all except if a dealer had parts on hand.The fire marshal declared the fire as arson and the investigation began on a local and federal level. Since the owner was millions in debt and the insurance was not going to settle the claim suppliers stopped the manufacture and sales of parts and vehicles. Carter still held the copy rights on 90% of their parts so even the large distributors who tried to purchase the parts from China could not purchase them. Since that time suppliers have been trying to find alternatives for parts but since Carter had their own specifications on most parts so that they could not be copied thus forcing you to purchase only their parts none have been available since. The last article I have read from a Alabama news article about 3-4 years ago read that although there has been no evidence he started the fire the insurance is fighting the claim and that it could be a drawn out battle for years to come. I have never read that bankruptcy had been filed but I am certain it has since millions were owed to the banks and suppliers in China.