View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 12:37 AM
Lite Contributor

I only have 2 pictures at the moment, but will be taking more over the next couple days. Aside from the PO's air intake buzzing next to my head, the exhaust sounded terribly loud and I found out why yesterday:

Those are called "speed holes", right? I'll be pulling the exhaust off for sand blasting & painting anyway, so i'll be trying to weld those holes shut. What else needs work..... the right rear tire isn't holding air for more than a couple days, the duct tape on the steering assembly is starting to rip, and electrical gremlins. Oh the electrical gremlins! I recently had a complete loss of spark! I'm in the middle of diagnosing that right now - according to the guide from BD, i have dismissed the kill switch, ignition coil, and spark plug. So that leaves me with the stator or CDI. I'll update that as it comes along though.....

Other plans for the buggy that I haven't mentioned yet: windscreen from Lexan, flat plastic roof, rear view mirror, new roll bar padding, replace the cracked gas tank, new fuel filter, etc, etc..... hopefully updates coming soon! My son is hounding me every day to ride....