View Single Post
Old 09-01-2017, 08:36 AM
Lite Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by charleswrivers View Post
Mine ran a little... off... as the rings seated. Not rough though. I had to redo the valve lash as the first time I set it it was too loose and caused a lot of valve noise, but that was easily noticable as the valves we're audibly slapping a bit. If the only variable is motor rebuild, then I doubt the CVT is the cause.

I'd take the valve cover off, check your 4 bolts are tight, the lash again, check your timing right. Theres not much else you touched. I just did the same thing a month ago, only I stayed 57.4. The lash was all I had to go back and do. I didn't have excessive vibrations... it just ran 'right'. It's still waaay tighter but then again, that's just the difference of a fresh higher compression engine and a tired low compression one.
I will double check the valve lash again. Good idea. I torqued the 4 head bolts to 14 ft lbs. I think that is what I read. I will double check them and the timing. For timing it is just have the hash mark line up with the dash before the "T", right? and make sure that the two holes on the camshaft gear are parallel with the case.

I guess I should pull the exhaust and put it on stand and check the CVT and and make sure everything looks like it is moving ok.

I did drive it a little this morning - up and down the street. Appeared to drive fine - although there is not much torque - paused on a steep incline (ditch on side of the road for water run off) and it could not move. I had to let it roll back and start again. It is a big buggy and my almost 240lbs probably don't help. Wonder if I should have got a 250cc.....