View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Lite Contributor

I will get pics up asap. I made sure to "actually" follow the directions and I made sure that the tick marks were facing away from the kart. I did not check the rack and pinion. I simply disconnected the tie rod end, lined it up and tapped it lightly back in. I adjusted the tow in on the left front to match the right with both tires parallel straight ahead but when they turn they end up different. Again, I will get pics up of all of that. I now have problems with the carburator. It idles perfectly and runs great until you get over half throttle. It is running way too rich and I had to park it. Considering that I
have found carburators for the GY6 online for as little as $25 brand new I am just going to replace it and the manifold. Is there anything that I need to beware of buying new carbs, and is there something simple that I can do to improve the performance of the new carb or do you think that whatever the issue is with the old carb, that something simple can be done to fix it? I know that is a lot, but from the looks of it, you guy's love karting so much that you even like fixing other folks problems, Thank you so much for your help, I will now go and order the new carb.