View Single Post
Old 10-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

Visually I'm trying to see it. I really cant say.
maybe it will give you more, guess depends on how shocks are mounted. Best way to know is try it. Just make sure your cables and ect. are long enough. .
But best way to get more clearance is long shocks, or larger tires. And by rights, only really way to get more clearance, is larger tires. With larger shocks, or moving the swing arm down. Your axle and tires stay the same. Your axle will be your lowest clear stop, no matter what you change, unless get it higher, with larger tires. So by rights, all your doing is changing your center of gravity.
When I changed my mounts with the new shocks I got, I tried to keep rear end low as possible. Or close as possible to match the front. Bringing up the back end right before swing arm, does really nothing but change the height at which your driving. Not ground clearance. Only reason I could see for that, would maybe be if your doing a lot of water, or river running. Or maybe step sharp mounds or hills. Which might be what you want. But will affect how easy it is to roller over. But some ppl do like a higher (Body) clearance. Give and take on both sides.