BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-23-2012, 12:17 AM
Lurker

Default OK - 250 Hammerhead or 300 Trailmaster?

Which one should I get and why?
How much price difference?
From China - $1000/piece (minimum order USUALLY 5) plus shipping in a 20 size container
Old 06-23-2012, 04:47 AM
Contributor

I orderred mine through a non-sipporting dealer, to this site, so you'll have to email me for that info.
BUT, he is a dealer for both Hammerhead and Trailmaster. The HH250GTS and the TM 300XRX BOTH sell out of his shop for $3899.00, BOTH with free shipping. It took 6 working days to recieve the buggy. A couple of parts were missing, but I had them in 4 days, NO PROBLEM.

I chose the TM 300XRX, which is also his personal buggy, and I'm glad I did. I don't even have it broken in yet, but can tell this is gonna be one FAST buggy. It and the HH 250GTS are virtually identical, even use the same owner's manual, PDI guide. The only difference I can see is in the engine, and wiring harness.

I like yamaha and the Linhai engine is built in collaberation with yamaha, that and a larger engine, 275cc vs 250cc and it was a no brainer for me.

Another thing I like about the Linhai engine is the "outboard" bearing on the clutch. The clutch shaft has a bearing on the outside of the bell, supported in the side cover, which will eleiminate stuff, or should eliminate, bent tranny shafts when a belt breaks because of the extra support. It will also increase the tranny bearing life by distibuting lateral(belt tension) loads to yeat another bearing...in other words, this looks like a bullet proof set up!

The Linhai come with a "pumper" carb too. Considerring there is NO price difference, it sure seems like you get more than your money's worth with the TM300XRX...

of course this is just MHO.