BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-25-2010, 12:37 AM
Lurker

Default murray kilowatt

Hey guys any body have any extra parts to send me 4 my murray kilowatt?lol I jus orderd my torque converter belt it ran me $38 bucks from williams small engines so I finally get to drive it.does any 1 know anything about these kilowatts they seem pretty awesome an I'd like to know some tips on how to mod the rear axle and hubs to make them stronger for a 4 wheeler engine like say a 300ex engine with reverse or something any info would be awesome
Old 06-25-2010, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

With the 300cc motor you'd stand a chance with the stock axle and flipping it around would probably work-as the 300cc motor is only about 14" from the front to the drive sprocket.Again I don't have mine anymore-check and see what space you have when the seat is all the way back to the axle sprocket. See if it'll fit without stretching the swingarm. I had to stand the rear shocks back vertical to tolerate the driving we did here as it bottomed out bad from the factory position and you'll still be adding additional wieght with the 300cc motor.
Enjoy your kart with the Tecumseh for a while to get a good feel for the power you'll actually need. Killowatt's come with a LARGE sprocket from the factory so if you're not climbing huge hills you could drop down a few teeth to get it moving around 38-40mph with that 6.5 motor.Changing to the 6" driven unit will add a few mph also. Larger diameter front tires will probably be needed as the Killowatt's nose dive pretty good. I have a 200sx motor that powers my kart to 46mph with a 45 tooth sprocket(last check) and that's pretty fast!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:32 PM
Administrator

metalstudman, what engine did you have on yours? Did you do a transplant?
Old 06-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

No, I didn't do a transplant as it was my 10 yr. old son's kart. But I was definitely looking at a future for it when it broke down!!. Our's was the one you sold and you did the review on and was still running/driving perfectly when it was stolen. Since he drove it almost everyday it got few mod's, I did change the driven from the 7" to a 6", added nerf bars and did a small re-angle tweek to the A-arms.
The one mod I did right away was widen the roll cage as it HARD to fuel.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Someone stole it????
Old 06-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

I emailed you to keep your eyes open for it if it went on the "FOR SALE" market about 4 months ago!!!! 12 karts and they took my son's favorite- It will be easy to spot or idenitify if it resurfaces.My son is still sad
Old 06-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Man I just saw one on Craigslist about 1 month ago or so.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Any chance you remember anything about it or where/location it was being sold?
Old 06-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

So juggie304 can see my stolen killowatt and the simple mod's I did --
and if someone else might have seen it for sale.
(only difference from these pic's is the rear tires @ time of theft there was a set of badlands on it).
1st pic- shows where I moved the roll bars over to allow easier fueling and upright rear shocks to eliminate bottoming out.
2nd pic- home built bolt-on nerf bars,stiffer front shocks and stock spiderbox front tires and wheels
3rd pic- different view of the mod's, also the tan seatbelt isn't stock
4th pic- another view of shocks front and rear,nerf bars and front tires
Attached Images
File Type: jpg killowatt 4.jpg (98.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg killowatt 5.jpg (100.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg killowatt 6.jpg (99.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg killowatt 1.jpg (100.8 KB, 21 views)
Old 06-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Man i wish I had paid more attention to it. Wasn't that long ago. I don't remember getting your email about it but if you sent it to the email I had at the time you bought it, I don't have that email any more which would explain why I don't remember getting it. Man does that suck. That was a nice machine.