BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-25-2012, 04:20 PM
Lurker

Default Time for that heim joint upgrade!

My son and I were gonna take the Yerf out to our local offroad park this past Saturday and play around some but when I went to load it, I noticed one of the spindles was all kattywampus. Seems the boy hit something on his last outing and I didn't notice. Pulled the spindle off and straightened and re-welded it, got it backed out of the garage, went to start it and........nothing. Messed around with it for a few minutes but was in a time crunch because we had to meet up with our group so we took the Jeep instead.

Sunday I found that the negative battery cable had melted on the exhaust. WHEW! Nothing major. Made two hot laps around the house and the lower ball joint snapped.

I guess it knew it was getting close to breaking on Saturday. I'd have hated to have to drag it out of the woods.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0346.jpg (29.8 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0347.jpg (24.8 KB, 40 views)
Old 05-10-2012, 02:15 AM
Heavy Contributor

Wow, that looks nasty! If you need any help let me know... I have a thread and it has links to parts that you would need. Also while your at it your gonna want to either reinforce the spindles with some gussets or build new ones <(that's what I forgot to add) that's why I put either in there at first.
Yerfdog Spiderbox, Uni Type air filter with 6" intake, 130 jet, Orange no-rev limit cdi, Red coil, iridium plug, 1500rpm clutch springs, 1500rpm contra spring, 13g sliders, 22" rears, 21" fronts, aftermarket reverse installed, and Trailtech Vapor.

Last edited by T3beatz; 05-10-2012 at 09:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3beatz View Post
Wow, that looks nasty! If you need any help let me know... I have a thread and it has links to parts that you would need. Also while your at it your gonna want to either reinforce the spindles with some gussets.
I've been planning on building some new spindles ever since we got it but so far it's been holding up so I haven't built them yet. Now I have an excuse to get it all done.