BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Lurker

Default Valve Adjustment

I recently got my (new to me) Carbide 150 running. Once I got it running, it ran like crap. I cleaned the carb and adjusted the valves. It now runs pretty good but I have noticed a slight sputter on ocassion. I did the valves at .003 intake and .004 exhaust. I am guessing that tightening would not increase performance but I was wondering what to expect if I went to .004 and .005 or even a little more.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Also, any recommendations on new jets? I think I read that the stock jets are 118. Not entirely sure though.
Old 09-21-2012, 06:23 AM
Power User

if you're set cold at those clearances, leave them be. you may still have a little bit of junk in the carb/jets or a minor blockage issue with the fuel petcock/lines/tank.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

The adjustment you made is fine. In fact I believe ASW recomends .003" AND .003". I personally like the exhaust at .005 since I have a heavy modded engine and drive it hard so I want the exh. valve to stay on the seat as long as possible for cooling purposes. As x-bird says you may still have some trash in the fuel. Just remember the ethanol blended fuel in these open systems have about a 3 week life if right out of the pump.