BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 12-29-2012, 07:04 PM
Lurker

Default So Cal Stadium Lites Race

I am working on putting together the 2nd annual So Cal Stadium Lite Championship. It looks like this will be on Feb 2nd at Milestone MX park in Riverside Ca again. We are working out the track rental and insurance and hope to have a firm date by next weekend. I just wanted to see if anyone from this forum is interested. Its open to any Mini Buggy ( odyssey, Pilot, Redline, Briggs Built, EEE, Drakart or custom under 72" Wide) We will seperate classes if enough cars show up.

Last year we had over 10 cars and it was a blast. Hope to get over 20 cars this year.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Power User

Welcome; glad to see input from someone involved on your end of things here on the forums. About 90+ percent of the members here have the china built-style mini buggies--but that isn't to say that you won't get any interest from some of the members. (C'mon Rare--time for a family race outing with those oddys!) Would your organization be willing to host classes for 150/250 cc mini buggys?
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bird View Post
Welcome; glad to see input from someone involved on your end of things here on the forums. About 90+ percent of the members here have the china built-style mini buggies--but that isn't to say that you won't get any interest from some of the members. (C'mon Rare--time for a family race outing with those oddys!) Would your organization be willing to host classes for 150/250 cc mini buggys?

Thanks for the welcome. We sould be willing to add classes if the car count was there. Its not cheap to rent a track and we can only use it so much. So another class could run between ours. If there is enough interest im sure we could do something. For this race safety rules are basic, Long sleeve shirt and long pants ( prefer Firesuit), Helemt, 4-5 pont seatbelts, and Window nets or wrist restraints. Not like the Lucas Oil stuff where we need a lot more gear.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Contributor

If the race was 5 laps my dune with the 183cc motor would need a 3 1/2 lap head start against the redlne or fl350/pilots. My top speed with the 39t sprocket is 30mph and with the 31t sprocket is about 38mph. Does sound like fun to check out, could inspire some Franken buggy ideas. I have a 2005 yz 250 collecting dust and a motor swap might be possible.
The 250 2 stroke will make the suspension a problem. I have jumped my buggy over small hill drops but the shocks run out of travel quick. Might have to go for better suspension.
My wife will be talking me out of it Im sure.
Back to a 150/250 mod class would be more like it for the chiniese buggys.
Have a weight per cc handicap over 150cc
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Heavy Contributor

I'm so happy to see this series run for another year. I just wish the popularity would grow enough to carry it to the east coast. I'd be there in a skinny minute! A few minutes ago I mentioned to the wife I was taking off for the left coast for a race! As I type this repy, she's still ballistic.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Lurker

Here is my onboard video from last years Main. I got 3rd in every race that weekend. Like I said before if enough of you guys are interested we could have 2 seperate races. Its so much fun racing on a track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEWJ...pUfHjQ&index=1