BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Contributor

Default Last trip to the desert

This is a video of our last trip to the desert. The red buggy ran great with the A12 cam and 31/16 gearing 8/9 gram 20mm dr2 rollers. The blue buggy has great off the line and climbing with the 39/16 gearing motorio 18mm dr2 with 10/12 sliders and motrio rear pulley, just slow on wide open trails due to gearing.(7600 rpms to keep up with the red buggy at 6500rpms)

Putting the 31t sprocket back on for sure because the red 155cc buggy all around smokes the 183cc big bore blue buggy, except up hills with two riders. At night in the sand washes the blue buggy ran awesome and would come out of corners fast, just when it gets hot in the day it lacks power and needs to rest often. Putting the 31t back on will help a lot with the heat issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-3Sg...Z_-tOg&index=1
Old 03-24-2013, 07:51 AM

Love the wide openess of that area, most trails around hear are deep woods!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Contributor

I first started going there in 1998 and still love it. It takes us about 3 hours to get there about 160 miles but it is the best place I have been over all the places we have gone.
The freestyle motor cycle jumpers like twitch and the metal mulisha go out there and jump insane distances and crazy gaps like its no problem. It is the Disney land of off roading.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Heavy Contributor

Sounds like that blue buggy would be really sweet with a two speed gearbox like that comes on the cf-250. Keep the hard pull out of the curves but be able to hit another gear for speed or just to keep Rpms down. Guess there's no easy way to get that though. How is that red buggy cammed?? I've thought about going for the 59mm BBK for mine.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Heavy Contributor

Okay. I see the a12 is what's in the red. That is what I'm running.

SYC Perf head P&P,Matched intake and exhaust, A12 cam, Orange CDI & coil, Motorio pulley, 115mm Variator and lightweight drive face,11gm Sliders, UNI, modded muffler + 200 horsepower

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-hEWl10c
I'll take your insults as compliments and blame it on your lack of intelligence.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:36 PM
Heavy Contributor

Great vid!!! Really enjoyed that one!.
What's not to love about those wide open spaces.
Excelent sound track and props on the editing. What camera and editor did you use?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:15 PM
Contributor

The cam is a go pro hero and the editing program is
http://www.amazon.com/Movie-Edit-Pro...+video+editing
My wife does the videos because I cant set the time on the vcr, it still blinks 12:00.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Contributor

I was at the NASCAR race today in Fontana and I was wondering if they were using a A10 cam and 31t gearing?
It must be nice to drive a 800 horsepower car for a living and have somebody do all the motor suspension and body work for you.
The estimated 11hp 183cc motor with a mad top speed of 37mph with the 31t gearing will have to do for now.
I wouldn't trade places with anybody because GOD has given me a wonderful family, health and two fun to ride and work on buggys.
Had a really great day going to the race with my older sister and bro in law, I hope you all had a great day also.