BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 09-19-2013, 09:47 AM
Lurker

Default Where to Ride?

Recently purchased 2 buggies both 150CC and my sons have created 2 acres of trails in the woods behind our home. Now we are looking for other places to ride legally. I am noticing that all the places to ride seem to state ATV with 50" max width and, of course, the buggies are 53-54". None of the descriptions of eligible rides states MiniBuggy or Go-Kart. Just curious what others experience in terms of acceptance of these buggies at official ATV ride areas. Thanks...
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svilleken View Post
Recently purchased 2 buggies both 150CC and my sons have created 2 acres of trails in the woods behind our home. Now we are looking for other places to ride legally. I am noticing that all the places to ride seem to state ATV with 50" max width and, of course, the buggies are 53-54". None of the descriptions of eligible rides states MiniBuggy or Go-Kart. Just curious what others experience in terms of acceptance of these buggies at official ATV ride areas. Thanks...
I think all of can say this, depending on the state and local laws, you will have to work the law to your advantage, or work within its limitations. Some places advertise no buggies, meaning sand rails, sand rails tend to have huge engines and paddle tires, which destroys trails, vegetation, and the local habitats for critters and such. At times, if you call the parks and explain that what you have is basically an over grown go kart, they may welcome you in. Keep in mind, management areas and parks will require a flag on the buggies, and sometimes will require spark arrestors on the exhaust, which isn't an issue if you still have the stock mufflers installed.

It is also helpful if you post where you are, that way any members close to you or in your state can chime in what to do, who to talk to, or where you can ride.

Also, welcome to Buggymasters

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 09-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Lurker

I am in the Upstate of South Carolina same as ZMAN. He was the one who told me that actual adult humans could ride in these things since my sons are 18 and 24 and acting like 10 yr olds with the new toys. I was following ZMAN's thread on a similar topic as well concerning the upstate but I am interested to hear about the experiences others have had with parks with these buggies. Thanks for your thoughts...
Old 09-19-2013, 05:55 PM

Each state is different, and here in FL, spark arrestors and their definition are easily the biggest issue, seconded by the registration process. I had intended to take my rig out to one of the national forests not far from here, but there seems to be some issues between U.S. Forestry approved arrestors and other cans with arrestors added such as street bike exhaust. The other issue I have run into is registration, as my rig does not have a VIN, I have to make the state assign me one, and that is no easy task.

As far as parks, we don't have many that advertise, and the ones who do mostly adhere to the same rules the forestry division set out. The others are less restricted, but are primarily focused on mud boggin and beer drinkin, not something I want to be around. Fortunately, I still have friends from my hunting days, and I am sure they would gladly open their properties and hunting clubs, out of season of course.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 09-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Lurker

I'm also in upstate SC, in the Rock Hill area. Got a Trailmaster 150 XRX about 4 months ago. I've got a wooded area about 4 acres behind my house. Not my property, but I do have permission to ride on it. Getting kind of old though. If any of the Carolina guys want to meet up at CAW I would definitely be up for it.

Trailmaster 150 XRX - Uni filter - 124 main jet - 11 gram rollers - red main spring - Iridium plug
Old 09-19-2013, 06:12 PM

Ken check my post I put on here. the one you checked earlier and go to where 351stanger answered back and click on that link. it lists several places around here to ride.