BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 05-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Lurker

Default GY6 Starts, runs shortly, dies

I just got my gy6 running yesterday. The motor was replaced after oil was leaking through the valves. Today, I started it and drove it to our garage to fix a leaky carb drain hose. I put a spare carb on, but it would not run. I repaired the hose by cutting out a 1/8 in section at one end where it was leaking. It was then re-installed. However, It did not want to run. I finally got it started, and it idled for around 2 minutes. Then, I drove it about 15 feet and it died. I tried to start it, and it hit once. I think it's a wiring issue, but any ideas? Thanks
Old 05-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Lurker

SOLVED: Wiring issue. The PO hacked some lights in, and did not re-install the cover for the box. I never received the cover when I bought it. 1 year and a new motor later, it had the above problem. It would not start, so I wiggled some connections. It fired right off. Needless to say, I will be re-building all of the connections.