BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 PM
Lurker

Angry !!! No spark???

I have a gt200 hammerhead couple of weeks ago I had to replace starting clutch while it was down I went ahead and changed stator( nothin wrong with it ) i went ahead and changed it I put it together and it ran bad no power and sluggish so I adjusted valves exhaust a tight.004 and intake .005 that seem to help rode it all day with no prob. Went out next day and it would turn over but not crank so I took spark plu out and grounded it to motor and no spark last year I replaced Cdi , ignition switch , and coil I have even put the old stator on te see if that made it spark as ther was nothing wrong with the old one and same thing so I checked volts to Cdi with ignition switch on meter set to dc and I have 12 volts , I checked blue wire with white strip while cranking on low ac volts and get nothing I have diss connected kill switch I have also checked all grounds in harness and Thay look tight

Help please before I set this thang on fire lol
Thank josh
Old 04-18-2012, 04:39 AM
Lurker

sounds good to me will come back soon and leave further comments
Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Lite Contributor

I hate to beat a dead horse but as they say check your connections. I'm in the process of totaly rewiring my Yerf. I don't have anywhere to store my buggy so it sits outside and the connctors have alot of corrosion. I'm also replacing all the ignition parts. I spent way too much money on this Chinese POS for it to be a backyard ornament. My other one fires up and runs like theres no tomorrow. I only had to clean what looked like rat turds out of the float bowl. If these things were built here they might still run on Briggs and Straton power but I'm sure they are made in China by now. Good luck you'll be an expert by the time you figure it out. I got tired of paying the Go-cart shop or maybe I should have. Later. Roger
Old 07-05-2012, 05:38 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
I have a gt200 hammerhead couple of weeks ago I had to replace starting clutch while it was down I went ahead and changed stator( nothin wrong with it ) i went ahead and changed it I put it together and it ran bad no power and sluggish so I adjusted valves exhaust a tight.004 and intake .005 that seem to help rode it all day with no prob. Went out next day and it would turn over but not crank so I took spark plu out and grounded it to motor and no spark last year I replaced Cdi , ignition switch , and coil I have even put the old stator on te see if that made it spark as ther was nothing wrong with the old one and same thing so I checked volts to Cdi with ignition switch on meter set to dc and I have 12 volts , I checked blue wire with white strip while cranking on low ac volts and get nothing I have diss connected kill switch I have also checked all grounds in harness and Thay look tight

Help please before I set this thang on fire lol
Thank josh

You got it a couple of weeks ago, but you changed out the CDI, ignition switch, & coil last year?
Uhhh, OK....
So now you changed out the stator, even though it was good, it ran one day, but won't run the next....

1st check you fuse, and fuse holder. Those cheap little glass fuses can look goood, but still have a loose end cap, and will not allow any amperage through, though they will test good with voltage for continiuty.

2nd...you changed the stator. Check for a pinched wire, where it bolted down. IF a wire was pinched, simply freeing it, may cure the problem, it may not, the wire may now be broken inside the insulation.

You say all your connections "look" tight, then I suppose you did all your checks, and they are tight, no need to dwell on connections.

BTW, a well charged battery should have between 12.8-13.0 volts. If your test meter reads 12v, with no load, it probably drops below 11v with a load, which will not supply enough amperage nor voltage to keep things going...so I'd suspect either a bad battery, or a fault in the charging system you needlessly changed out.