BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 04-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Lurker

Default 150cc Carbide with No Power!! Help!!

I have a 150cc Carbide Go Kart that i bought off a buddy. This kart idles great, has no stumble or miss to it, but has no torque at all. I can be in a flat feild and it has a hard time pulling out. Now it runs fine on pavement but only has a top speed of around 15-20mph. Ive read on here for awhile and checked a few thing like jet size (34 and 114), air cleaner (uni-filter) , and exaust witch has been gutted and nothing has fixed it. The only thing i can think of that could possibly be the problem is the clutch. Any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 10:27 PM
Supporting Vendor

The 114 jet with the uni and gutted exhaust is too small you should have somewhere around a 123 jet. How did it run for your buddy. I had just worked on a carbide with the same problem. It would only go 15-20 mph. It had the restricted cdi in it. ASW has this option for the younger kids. The restricted cdi will only allow the buggy to go 20 mph.

TOM