BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Off Topic and Other Forums > Off Topic

Off Topic Anything Goes!

Old 04-24-2016, 08:30 AM
Heavy Contributor

Default This is bullsh!t

Anybody using windows 10? My system bit the dust earlier in the week so I replaced my CPU. Everything now comes loaded with 10. Though there are some who think the latest and greatest is the best, I'm old school and prefer to replace items with something comparable that I know works for me. This windows 10 is a PITA! If you enjoy participation in social media, this is for you! But finding a basic spreadsheet or getting a email account transferred, Forget about it!!! There's 437 options that allow me to inform people when the last time I sat on the can! but set up a database? It's as though it encourages non production but rather steers people towards social media. I'm trying to transfer a solid works program and it's associated database. All kinds of options to share it but I just want to use it! I get a flag that pops up telling me I need a app to run it. I'm directed to a social media site to buy this app!
I had to jump through numerous hoops just to post his thread! No, I don't want to share it, I don't want link it ! and I don't care about getting a text the second someone reply's, I just want to use It! People need to pull their faces out of the phone, pay attention to driving? maybe walking straight? and being oblivious to the world around them and focus on getting some work done!
Thanks to buggy masters for allowing me this moment of rant!
Peace out....
Old 04-24-2016, 09:24 AM
Contributor

Cool

Spoken like a true .......OLDFART !!!
I feel your pain Brother !!!
MANCO SILVER FOX. Sold
2009 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2002 POLARIS 500 HO SPORTSMAN 4X4
2000 POLARIS MAGNUM 2X4
HALF A DOZEN CHEVY 4X4's
NEED-MO-BUGGY
Old 04-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Heavy Contributor

If you already have Solidworks installed on your Win10 PC, then the program association did take place for the extension of your database.

To set extension associations, go to the Windows Icon - Settings - System - Default apps - Choose default apps by file type
Old 05-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Supporting Vendor

We'll I loved the window's XP but than the support stopped so I had to upgrade to the windows 7 which drove me nuts until I got used to it. Well then come the news that 7 was going to discontinue support but I could upgrade to 10 for free. Everytime my computer boots I get the download 10 before time runs out.Finally about 4 months later I upgraded both my laptop and PC. I read articles which said that although 10 was free it eventually would cost a yearly fee. Everyone told me that was bull****. Now I've been around for some time now and know for certain that nothing in life is free, Nothing. I have done a lot of research on 10 and Windows says it will be the last operating system they will come out with since they will be building on it from now on. All the younger generation still tell me to remove my tin foil hat since 10 is and will always be free as long as I took advantage of the free download. Well here is the catch I always knew there was. Since the 10 operating system will be the last windows comes out with, as with any other system windows come out with eventually it becomes obsolete since the computer always has and always will evolve. Now when you research the windows 10 subject it will tell you that when an update, be it security or other there will be a charge for this update. So now we know this is how Microsoft will be making their money. Starting sometime in 2017-2018 you will be charged for updates needed for the system to work properly and you can bet it will cost more than in the past probably quite a bit more. I finally have gotten used to 10 but my main gripe is that little things keep changing especially after a critical download. So I spend more time figuring out why something that worked yesterday does not work today. Nothing major but little stuff. I don't have time to sit on their blog to find the answer. Lately I have had to install new drivers for my printer, scanner and fax which all of a sudden quit working. Now I just found out after calling Dell for support that when I download a new driver or update the old ones remain and have to be manually removed to keep from slowing my computer down. Prior to 10 when windows announced an update you could click on it and it would tell you what the download was and you could determine weather you wanted it or not. Now all you get is Microsoft recommends this download. If you want to know details to what your downloading you have to spend an hour looking on Microsoft's website. I can go on but the bottom line is since 10 I spend more time screwing with my computer when all I want to do is use it for my needs.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:50 PM
Heavy Contributor

XP was intuitive, it just made sense to most people. So of course they had to change it.