BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 11-17-2017, 02:30 PM
Lurker

Default Greetings from SC

I love taking things apart and when i get real serious or motivated I even put them back together. Been maintaining, repairing and modifying imports (automotive) for nearly 20 years now. I recently started to broaden my tinkering horizons with micro controllers, battery powered ride on toys (for my 2yo daughter), and an old Chevy pickup.

What brings me here- I recently intercepted a UTV150 Blade en route to the scrap heap. A non-runner that spent 2 years in a field but all of the parts are there and rust is minimal. The previous owner was told by a mutual friend of ours of my general interest in things held together with bolts especially when motivated by combustion.

I've had it for about a week and have the unlabeled GY6 clone out and on the "healing bench" for disassembly. It has the rather odd right angle output shaft for the chain drive which I've found little more than grainy pictures of in my initial web searches. So I hope to share the story of my progress in both visual and written forms to aid any others searching

-Mark
Old 11-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Lite Contributor

Welcome!! You will love this forum.plenty of helpful members plus tons of pictures and how-to articles.
Have fun
Tim
Old 12-14-2017, 04:17 PM
Contributor

Ive always wondered how they mounted the motors sideways in the rzr 170s....on that note those motors can be swapped back to normal with a couple of parts.....also like the 18 pole stator.....now to find them.

You should make a progress post in the Mini Buggy General Discussion section and put all of the pics in that post.
HH250SS..RIP (IRS donor for the crossfire)
HammerHead 150
Gs Moon buggy 150
Many other random parts buggys (still never have what im needing tho :/ )
Old 07-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEFKING69 View Post
You should make a progress post in the Mini Buggy General Discussion section and put all of the pics in that post.
Right- here we go.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:08 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondamark35 View Post
ha ha ha, I was like deja vu for a second. Guess I missed this thread when you started it and jumped in on the other one.

Last edited by neo71665; 07-25-2018 at 09:10 PM.