BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-12-2021, 02:34 PM
Lurker

Default Carter xtv 150 front end

New to the forum,
Picked up a carter brothers xtv 150 with no engine for a good deal I think.
I want to redo it All. I know parts are basically impossible to find. With the front suspension my thoughts were to chop it up and put a yerf dog bulkhead and front suspension on it. Do you guys think this frame would be worth rebuilding and fabricating? Or any tips for this build? Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 911533DD-9669-4F8C-8584-6E3F3BF3AD43.jpg (20.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 06-12-2021, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome
The frame is definitely worth doing something to it from what I can see!! if it's not all bent or rusted up.Using a Yerfdog Spiderbox front clip would be easy enough, except the "stock" front ends are crap! without doing a lot of modifications to it. What's the issues with the front end it has now? Take some close up pic's of the buggy for a better assessment.
Old 06-12-2021, 04:12 PM
Lurker

Here are some pictures of it now. I have just about everything taken off besides front end.
Old 06-12-2021, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

I know this will sound weird- Any way you can have your photo's horizontal? I understand that with your phone and your head turned while taking them they appear OK to you, but us older guys just can't twist our head far enough!
The front end appears to already have a very similar Yerfdog A-arm, I don't know where changing it out for the bulkhead style would be of any advantage.Does it have the same type ball joints?Try and get a close up pic (it might be larger!) Can I see what the axle looks like?Bearing supports,braking,sprocket,ect...