BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Contributor

Default Anybody swap out seats on ASW Carbide

I have an ASW / Manco Carbide 150 and looking to get the seats swapped out to something a little more comfortable and 5-point harness accepting. Anybody do this yet?

Thanks,

Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggy.jpg (67.7 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-18-2013, 02:37 PM
Contributor

Nobody has tried to swap the seats out? My back is killing me after riding this for an hour. There's about 1" of padding in them. That's it. I've seen lots of seats on other buggies that look well padded and have 5 point harnesses. Just can't figure out what they are, etc.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Heavy Contributor

I've thought of adding some cush for my tush also. Don't know how everyone else goes about it. But when I decide to do it I'm thinking of getting some big sponge they use for the seats upholstering it with vinyl well the same material our seats come with and just velcro it on top of my seat.... that seems easy to do and take it off for washing the buggy and seat and stick it back on and ready to go.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:37 AM
Power User

i have a baja reaction that i'm thinking about doing the same with. summit/jegs has seats in the $30 range, 5-point harnesses you'll need to add mount tabs for most likely. Issue is width of the seats and the width of the buggy. I'm concerned the baja is too narrow with the reverse and e-brake handles right in the center.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Heavy Contributor

I think your saying to raise it up higher from floorboard.@ xbird
Old 08-19-2013, 06:51 AM
Heavy Contributor

Not sure I think our reaction is wider and more comfortable. Room wise than most buggies. Its width is like 40 or more inches across rail to rail.