BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 11-01-2015, 11:05 PM
Lurker

Default $12.00 front lift for Yerfdog

First post, so this may be old news, but I just got these shocks from BMI. For $6.00 each I figured "why not". Still just mechanical spring shocks, but a little softer and lifted the front a few inches. http://www.*************/Mechanical-A...11_p_1283.html
Spindles, even control arms, and balljoints in the mail, so we'll see how it drives with un-bent spindles, better geometry and decent balljoints.
The $300.00 buggy is fast becoming a $700.00 buggy
Old 11-02-2015, 06:51 AM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
The $300.00 buggy is fast becoming a $700.00 buggy
It's an addiction...lol
Old 11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

Cost means nothing if you enjoy it. Still cheaper than an RZR or Can Am.
Old 11-02-2015, 07:48 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Cost means nothing if you enjoy it. Still cheaper than an RZR or Can Am.
Agree 100% It's always more fun to start with less and get the same or better result. My long-term addiction is Datsun Roadsters. They thrash cars costing 4x as much and almost never break.
Old 11-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Lurker

Update, the shocks were too long for the front, binding the balljoints and tierods. Perfect for the rear though.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Power User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
Update, the shocks were too long for the front, binding the balljoints and tierods. Perfect for the rear though.
And that's why one throws a few more cubic dollars at the front and converts the ball joints and tie rod ends to heims. It's the snowball effect.

Datsun Roadster, eh? My brother had a 1300 that he got in trade for a tractor repair job back in the early 80s. It was running but rough. We had it about half-way restored, (frame, suspension, brakes and engine all done, body stripped down and getting prepped for paint). Bro had a falling out, had to move out and my Dad ordered it off to the junkyard! Cool cars. Got pics?
Old 11-10-2015, 09:44 PM
Lurker

It is fun to tinker. Modifying a set of new front wheels, 8" Minibike wheels with bearings and 20-7-8 tires. Photo on site showed generic knobbies, but I got Kenda Scorpions, Bonus! I have to cut 3" off one side and 2" off the other side to shorten the axle tube to Kart length. should look cool

Photo of the other addiction, 66 Datsun Roadster during an 1100 mile trip home in a day and a half after buying it in St Louis. Down to 2 of them and 1 of those is for sale. I want my garage back!