BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Lite Contributor

Default 4 seater options?

I'm thinking about getting a 4 seat buggy. Sometimes it would be nice to take the family for a ride without having to split between two buggies. It would also be nice for taking guests and visitors through the forest roads around here.
I'm not looking for a real hardcore machine, just something for running around in.
I have a Jeep Commander, but I'd really like to be able to share the open air, relatively low riding buggy experience with people who have never ridden one. So I'm not gonna be shucking out big bucks for a RZR or something like that.
Anybody have any experience with the BMS 4 seater? I know they're pretty big, and I've read that they're underpowered. Don't think either of those would be a major factor in what I'd use it for. How's their durability, the Chery engine? Parts availability?
I also like the looks and specs of the Joyner Trooper T4. But it's a bit pricey, and the 4 seat Reeper is too car-like and pretty expensive as well.
My other option is finding a 4 seat rail buggy. I've seen a few on ebay and Craigslist that seem interesting.
Anybody have any experiences, thoughts, or input?
Old 04-18-2016, 05:35 PM
Heavy Contributor

The Roketa/BMS 4-seaters do not use the Chery DOHC engines. You have a choice of the Suzuki SOHC F8 or F10 series engines. If you're planning on hauling four adults, I would suggest a 1000cc F10 over the 800cc F8.

Joyner, Renli and Reeper are the main companies imported with Chery engines although the there is one Roketa 2-seater GK-45 that I am aware of.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:05 PM
Lite Contributor

So anybody have any experience with any of these? Or any other possibilities? Any dealers ever dealt with the BMS or Joyners?
I've been fortunate with the Trailmastersso far, but these are different animals.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:26 PM
Heavy Contributor

Another option is a long pan air-cooled VW fiberglass buggy. This would be a fiberglass body sitting on an uncut Bug pan instead of the more common shortened ones you see. You're looking at $5k and up for one that has not been trashed and is reliable. The prices can really shoot up if it has long travel suspension or an Ecotec or Subi engine swap. If you don't care about body or possible road tags, 4-seat rails are a little cheaper and easier access to modify suspension.

Last edited by GX150; 04-20-2016 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-20-2016, 04:36 PM
Lite Contributor

Yep , I've seen a few of the 'glass bodied vw buggies. And they do have the advantage of being streetable. I'm looking for something more bare bones and buggy "ish", that's why I'm looking more at the sand rails.
I learned to drive in an old vw "baja bug". :-D