BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 01-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Contributor

Default 50cc to 110 cc buggy

So i was looking aroung my work shop and noticed that i have to many projects !
My 9 year old son has a 50cc buggy i got him when he was 5 and has not used it in along time do to lack of power,speed,and dad,s 150 crossfires !
So i was given a 110cc Quad a few months ago that is a total pig, water in the cylcinder , carb and I think the whole thing was under water in some swamp here in Florida. What the heck lets give it a try !
So this weekend i strip the 50 cc Loncin out of the buggy and the 110cc Loncin out of the Quad !
The stater in the 110 was toast ! The 50 cc has the same starter but different housing! ! hour later and lots of swearing i was able to make one starter out of both using the housing from the 110 with the guts of the 50.
Will update with photos and vid as soon as i can. Thanks to X-bird for the idea ! Im not doing as much of a mod as he is but just triing to make a buggy the kid will use again !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 102_3807.jpg (97.2 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 102_3809.jpg (104.1 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 102_3811.jpg (98.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 102_3810.jpg (102.4 KB, 21 views)
Old 01-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Contributor

The pics of the buggy above have the stock 50cc motor in it , or for the hard core buggy builders 47cc Loncin !
Puttin in the motor from the quad 107 Loncin !
My Boy just wants to be able to to Doughnuts !
Old 01-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Contributor

Default got it running

now i have to mod the front and rear for more clearence for the trails.
But the 9 year old love the new speed !
Old 01-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Contributor

Here is some video of my son tearing it up !

http://youtu.be/vGMuWqcJ3HU

http://youtu.be/dvdqJAlLluc

not bad for a mini buggy !!
Old 01-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Nice!!!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:01 AM
Contributor

Well it was one hell of a weekend ! road for 2 days Hard , coverd the 20 miles of trails i have down here in Florida over and over again. We had a pack of 3 buggies 2 quads and 3 bikes all ridding full out !
The mini buggy i built for my 9 year old with the 110 upgrade snap in half at the engine cage , clean off ! he came walking down the trail yelling " Dad This Is Really Bad !"
I laughed , but you could see the stress on his face as if he was in trouble. I told him " I would rather fix his cart for him breaking it due to him out ridding the cart then due to him grandma ridding ! I fallow it up with "I have to build you a better one you can out drive this one! He had a great smile of relief and pride !
I will post the carnage of his mini buggy when i go get it today . LoL its like 10 miles down the trail !
Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Contributor

Default The Broken mini

After driving my truck way out back on my property we pick up bith pieces !
No worries my boy is fine ! just need to rebuild it with a longer travel shocks and more ground clearence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0672.jpg (97.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0674.jpg (96.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0676.jpg (64.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0673.jpg (97.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0675.jpg (71.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 01-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Power User

I have the mini shark's original rear frame. If you need it, lmk, it'd just be the cost of shipping.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

I have to grin at the pic's!!!!! Glad he was un-harmed other than his feelings.Part of the fun with owning these is the mishaps too!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:23 PM
Contributor

Thanks for the offer X-bird but i think im going to do something like you did with the atv rear end !
But I will keep it in mind ! we made some new trails and have not gutted all the saw palmettos yet and the old fire road we cross are big divits now so he just road alittle harder then he should but its all good ! Great kid and great ridder just needs to find the sweet spot in the cart, the gas pedal is not a on off switch i try to tell him!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Contributor

Anybody have that one projct that seems to be cursed !!! Burnt out 2 sawalls , one 1/2 in air gun , one grinder and ran out of oxyen in my torch set today !!!!
All over the mini buggy for my son , oh ya burnt the hell out of my foot and have a black thumb nail. All in all was a good day working in the shop ! Now i get to go buy some new tools, Sorry honey its for the boy . HEHEHEHE
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 PM
Power User

heh, sounds familiar. since i got the yerf and the shark i've killed my recip saw (18v Li-Ion no less), my angle grinder's bearings are about toast and i've gone through oxy, acetylene and my mig mix, a spool of wire, 10-20 cut off wheels, 5-10 flapper/sanding wheels and 2-3 wire wheels, 3-4 grinder wheels all of my sanding discs for my enco 8-inch bench sander. I used less materials on my firebird and mga combined.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Contributor

My son just came running in from my work shop ! yelling blue smoke blue smoke !!!
the old air compressor just threw up !!!!
It just keeps getting funnier and funnier !
My wife now thinks im doing this on purpose because i sold a old sailboat and want to use the money for tools !
Old 01-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Contributor

I got 2 days of rain so i will be in the shop doing mods to the mini shark. My son pointed out a good point that his buggy was 2 small now for a 2 seater and ask if i could lengthen it and turn it into a single seater !
Off to fing some tube !
Was in homedepot yesterday and founf some solid steel stock that fits into his round tube perfectly . was in the metal fencing area . looks like bid tent steaks or somtheing but at 1.98 each at over a foot long i grab 6 or 7 to try ! I dont seem to go anywere lately with out my dial-calipers lol
Old 01-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Contributor

Anybody know the brand or year of this mini cart !
Came with a 50 cc loncin 2 speed forward and reverse !!
moding it but looking for parts for it !
One of the mods is making it 8 inchs longer so i will be needing a longer throttel cable to reach the added leg room ! 52 inch cabel came with it so im hoping to track down a longer one. This is one of many things im looking for but it would help if i knew the grand im starting with . Thanks

Last edited by drillpvt; 01-28-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: added more
Old 01-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Power User

the HH i have has an aluminum vin plate riveted on the back panel behind the seat. The factories that build these things work for multiple brands and basically change a few things to make them different. The one you have has the exact same suspension up front. but some differences in the structure. put side by side with a mini shark and probably 60 percent of the tubes are the same. I searched the web, and basically all the ones out there have no brand name except for whatever the importer wants to call it and they're all nearly exact to the mini shark. I think yours dates about 5 to 8 years old and is probably not supported for parts. You could always do a rod off the pedal to the cable, which is how Yerf, manco and many others hooked up the gas and brake.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:55 PM
Lite Contributor

Looks like the one my brother got for his kids about a month ago.
It's a Kinroad XT70GK-2/XT90GK-2(OLD MODEL).
It is the older model. The newer ones have the front wheels that bolt on with 3 bolts.
Here is a link to their site for the PDF of the parts diagram.

http://www.runmasterusa.com/parts-ca...20MODEL%29.pdf
'08 Crossfire 150R - It lives at last!
Old 02-07-2012, 07:05 AM
Contributor

Thanks
Old 02-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Contributor

Ok starting from scratch. New name for the buggy will be THE GRASSHOPPER .
As you all know i took out the LONCIN 50 CC and put in a LONCIN 110 cc motor i had laying around. My son had a blast with the new power plant in the lightweight buggy.
He could do doughnuts all day and even pass the 150 crossfires i have out on the back trail. Well needless to say we found some week spots in the frame ! He snap it in two !
So now im starting from Scratch.
I welded 12 in long solid stalk into the breaks ! On both sides. Yes im a sloppy welder but i think by the time im done with this cart i mite be better I hope
So now im posting pics of what im starting with !
I have on order a PZ20 carb , step up from the 17 it has on it , and im still waiting on the throttle cable i orderd last week. I got the new air filter in LOL loooks good on it ,
Now I need to strip it !
http://s462.photobucket.com/albums/q...ylans%20buggy/
Old 02-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Contributor

Anybody know were to get a cheap spun aluminum gas tank . about 2 gallons .