BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 02-08-2012, 11:04 PM
Lurker

Default 150 American Sportworks 7150 Carbide Quantum

I just found a used 150 American Sportworks 7150 Carbide Quantum. It is in great shape but it has a mechanical problem of some sort. When you give it gas it acts like the clutch is slipping a bit because it revs up some and then it will jerk and make a bang noise and then go. Then when you shift into reverse it will do the same thing. Has anyone else ran into this before or know what it could be?

Thanks
Andy
Old 02-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Supporting Vendor

Hard to pinpoint when not actuallu there but it sounds to me like a transmission problem but could also be in the clutch. The ASW buggies with the internal reverse are prone to tranny problems from shifting fwd-rev with out letting engine rev down before doing so. The parts usually needed to repair are around $125.00 plus labor if you had someone else do it. What are they asking for it as is?

TOM
Old 02-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
Hard to pinpoint when not actuallu there but it sounds to me like a transmission problem but could also be in the clutch. The ASW buggies with the internal reverse are prone to tranny problems from shifting fwd-rev with out letting engine rev down before doing so. The parts usually needed to repair are around $125.00 plus labor if you had someone else do it. What are they asking for it as is?

TOM
Thats what i wasnt sure of if its tranny problems or cluct issues. They are asking $700 for it as is. Its only got 239 miles on it and looks like new.

Andy
Old 02-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Supporting Vendor

That isn't a bad price but I would offer 400-500.00.

Tom
Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYCARMS View Post
That isn't a bad price but I would offer 400-500.00.

Tom
Yea i thought same thing. I shot her an offer of $500 and she wouldnt take it......yet.....lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Lurker

I just.bought one same issue but it was so bad wouldn't.even.engage anymore pulled trans apart found.problem needs the reversing shaft$ 23.00 and gear shifting.shaft $94.40 there could.be more or.less wrong with Ur's ur trying.to get.or could be some were else wrong.I paid.200 for mine and parts.shipped are.133.00 with gasket and new circlip Cu's broke it.taking off hope it.helps u.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:28 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodolboys02 View Post
I just.bought one same issue but it was so bad wouldn't.even.engage anymore pulled trans apart found.problem needs the reversing shaft$ 23.00 and gear shifting.shaft $94.40 there could.be more or.less wrong with Ur's ur trying.to get.or could be some were else wrong.I paid.200 for mine and parts.shipped are.133.00 with gasket and new circlip Cu's broke it.taking off hope it.helps u.
Thanks for the info. I am still trying to get it bought. Sounds like you got a deal on the one you got for $200.

Andy