BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Site News and Suggestions > New Member Introduction

New Member Introduction New to the forum? Say hello here!

Old 01-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Lurker

Smile Lohner is Glad to be here

I am new to the buggy community. I bought a used ASW Zircon, less then a year old, as a Christmas gift for my 11 and 12 year old sons. Since we have had it I have had to replace the coil and now a tie-rod. I expect to continue to do this type of maintenance as I believe this is part of owning something like this. Especially, when you ride it hard. As I replace parts I want to make sure I do with upgrades and not OEM.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:04 PM

welcome, so what questions do you have?
Old 01-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Lurker

I know that many of my questions will be around upgrades and better understanding these buggies.

For instance I just had to replace a tie rod. The end, some how, threaded out almost to the end. This resulted in the tires facing outward too much. Once I noticed it I spun the end back in but the next day it snapped. Perhaps from too much strain on it when it was extended.

So today I replaced the tie rod and we are back and running. (made sure to order a backup). But one thing that I am wondering is if there is a higher end compatible model to the Zircon that I can swap parts with. You know Frankenstein the little buggy with upgrades.

It will take some time but I am sure I will learn how to maximize my investment by sinking even more money into it
Old 03-01-2014, 04:56 PM

Default boohaha!

welcome 2 ya! when I have a good question about my buggy's, I turn to "the professor" Tom @ sycpowersports, his banner is on our home page. If your just looking to "frankenstien" things, you'll get alot of different views on this forum!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM

Let me put this as if I was a newby posting on here. if I was to post on here and not get a response for over a month, I would not hang around here either. No offense to you Bear, thanks for bringing this one back up, as an example to me. I am sure we need all the help from each other we can get. It not only saves us money but time also. Not to mention the fun we have doing it. The experience we get from us trying what has failed and worked helps us all. If needed Buggymaster I am on here about everyday, and would have no problems answering to the best of my knowledge about a new site called newbie questions or something similar. Perhaps then their questions would not be covered up by other posts, and lost in the shuffle. zman
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM

Default diligents!

thanks for your offer to us all Zman its truely nice of you! I can remember when I first joined this forum how nervous and lost I was when it came to looking for the answers to my questions! and I know sometimes it can seem as if you slip thru the cracks of the forum, but the one thing I learned over time was that I had to be patient and not be afraid to ask the same questions a couple of times to get the answer I was looking for sometimes. We all have other parts of our lives to tend to and sometimes our hobbies get put on the back burners for awhile(believe me, oh how I know) I think it is a good suggestion you have, but I also hope that alot of our new members will take into consideration everybodies demand on time and hang in there with us! after all were all here for the same thing, to make our buggys just as fun and reliable as we can!!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Supporting Vendor

When it comes to things like tie rods the oem are what you want. ASW, Hammerhead, Kandi in other words the main brands use quality parts. You won't run into broken tie rods much unless you hit something then in that case you would rather break a tierod than damage the frame. The Zircon was their lower end buggy but still it takes quite a bit of abuse. What you don't want is to buy the cheapest part out there. Although sometimes you get lucky many times the cheap parts are ones rejected by the majors and since the Chinese don't believe in scrapping an incorrect or flawed part they will sell to a 3rd. party for cheap. Welcome to the addictio0n.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:16 PM

thanks bear I truly know the feeling of being lost on here too. just hoped by helping some of the newbies maybe they would be more encouraged to become members.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:22 PM

As far as the no response thing, I always look in the today's post quick link to make sure no ones post gets lost in the shuffle.

Glad you chose to stick it out, there is a wealth of knowledge here and don't fret about asking too many questions, we were all noobs at one point.

'04 Dazon Raider 150 'modded'
Old 03-04-2014, 08:58 AM

True, true, and still learning!!!