BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Lurker

Default torque converter help

Hey, I'm new to the forum and I have a yerf dog 3203, it has a comet 30 series torque converter and a 6.5 tecumseh my daughter was riding and hit a big bump then the thing ran off on her. now whenever I start it it takes off. I just bought it used about a month ago. I checked the throttle linkage and it doesn't appear to be stuck open so I'm assuming the torque converter is at fault here. I've never messed with one can anyone help me or lead me in the right direction on dissasembly/ repair/ service? or maybe you have a better idea.
thanks
Old 06-03-2011, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

scroll down the page for info. and parts breakdown. http://www.*****************/asymapp.htm
Don't know that the bump had anything to do with the CVT acting up-unless it jarred something loose at the engine bolt plate and made the belt too tight. Dissassembly of the clutch and a good cleaning with dry lube applied will probably fix you right up.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Lurker

Default Thanks

Thanks, I looked around on the net a bit and got it taken care of today, I took the belt off and messed with the brass bushing on the driver then adjusted the throttle and its running good now. But thanks for the info I'm sure I need to clean the whole assembly up.
Thanks!