BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Lurker

Default More torque for Fox Helix 150

I just bought a Helix and want more torque!! I will gladly sacrifice top end for more torque. My riding terrain is hilly, heavily forested woods, and did I mention hills? My goal here is maximum hill climbing power. I was thinking about lighter weights in the variator or lower geared sprockets. My question is this; what weight variator weights would be good, and which sprockets would I need(and where to get em). I am 240lb, and my son is around 50lb. We usually ride together. If I get a run, the medium hills are doable, but I want more grunt! Thanks for all the help!!

-Fox
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Lite Contributor

I have a Carbide and I run stock sprocket with three 10 gram slider weights and three 13 gram sliders alernating them in the variator and I have a great torque and a good top end.I climb fairly steep hills and if I cant make it the tires sit and spin digging holes in the hill side.If you need more torque then that try running six 10 gram sliders.I dont know much about the sprockets but Im gonna try a 39 tooth.They say its good for a 150cc buggy.Hope this helps
1500 Main Spring
136 Main Jet
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
Dr. Pulley Variator
Dr. Pulley 10-13 Slider Weights
Four 55w Off Road Lights
One 55w Reverse Light
Old 10-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Administrator

XRims weight config would do it and the 39 tooth sprocket would be icing on the cake. I'm sure one of the supporting vendors will chime in here with some ideas and sources as well.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:28 AM
Contributor

the 39 tooth axle sprocket combined with 9 gram rollers or 10 gram sliders, a wjite or red main spring will add a bunch of low end. I like to change the clutch arm springs to when I run sliders, they will get the rpm's up a little more before the clutch fully engauges and get the sliders moving a bit quicker

the cvt upgrades are cheap and easy to do, after those you can do exhaust, uni or k&n air filter, cdi and coil
Old 10-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige View Post
a white or red main spring
Yellow or red main spring?
Old 10-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Lite Contributor

The main spring that sits behind the clutch yellow 1500 rpm red 2000 rpm before the clutch ingages
1500 Main Spring
136 Main Jet
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
Dr. Pulley Variator
Dr. Pulley 10-13 Slider Weights
Four 55w Off Road Lights
One 55w Reverse Light