BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-25-2015, 01:19 PM
Lite Contributor

Default SunL GY6 150 engine / tranny swap to a Polaris 250 / 2 stroke / FNR

Well, I have decided to go with a major mod on our current SunL 150cc Buggy (possibly a SLGK-160 from what I have been told). I finally got tired of screwing around with the current Type B GY6 hoping for enough power for the mountain / forest trails we ride on here in AZ. So I have purchased the complete rear IRS, brake system, and engine / IRS mounting plate assemby off a Joyner 250, and a complete '99 Polaris Trail Boss 250 / 2 stroke to start with. I was hoping to find a 400 - 500 with Lo/Hi/Rev but never found one locally for a resonable price. I got the '99 Trail Boss for $200.00 with good compression, good plastics, etc. and the original tool kit still in the bag. At this point it appears that it just needs the normal carb clean, etc. I am also intending on lengthening the frame in the cockpit area about 6" as well. I know that it's going to be a lot of fab work but oh well, life is short so I might as well do what I enjoy while I can. At least this way maybe I can keep up with (or hopefully lead) our 3 stock fat tired Baja mini-bikes going through the forest & mountain trails of Northern AZ.

Last edited by kittletstv; 04-26-2015 at 11:45 PM.