BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 PM
Lurker

Default GY6 no spark

picked up a Kinroad 150 two seater kart w/gy6 motor .It never had much power in it but now won't start .It gets fuel but has no spark,has a aftermarket cdi on it but I first tried replacing coil w/anew plug but still no spark.
anyone got any ideas of what to do next?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:45 PM
Administrator

Do you still have the factory CDI for it?
Old 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM
Lurker

no, it came with blue anodized JF racing cdi 2 plug and 6 plug unit.I don't have a problem buying a cdi for it if that is my next option,I just don't want to keep losing all my time waiting for parts.I've got impatient kids!someone suggested maybe my kill switch could be bad,would just disconnecting it work to check that or does it have to be done a certain way?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

To check the kill switch on the kinroad just jump the 2 wires together. If it checks ok than start with the ign. switch. You should have 12 volts to it red wire, next turn to run position and check for the other 12v wire on some models they use a black with white tracer. So many times people have changed out cdi and coil and the switch was bad. If you still have no spark than pm me with your e-mail and I can e-mail you a manual which will tell you how to trouble shoot the ign sys, so that your not just putting parts not needed in it. I use the same cdi and it has served me well for about 2 years, they are good cdi's. You can also give me a call @ 662-301-1563. Where are you located? Location is a good thing to add to your profile. TOM
Old 08-09-2010, 08:18 PM
Lurker

problem solved,bought a new cdi on e-bay plugged it in and ran great but still checked everything else out in the mean time.thanks for the advice Tom!