BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 250cc and Above Engine Tech

250cc and Above Engine Tech Technical Discussion Forum for 250cc and up Engines

Old 11-30-2020, 12:04 AM
Lurker

Default TrailMaster XRX 300 Airbox cracked and other issues

So I am having some trouble getting my XRX 300 started. It will start for a short bit with starting fluid straight into carb but dies quickly. Obviously has spark.
I probably am chocking my air or my fuel pilots since I see little movement in the fuel in the line, but will know tomorrow AM when i can see what I'm doing.
Damn thing was idle for over a year with gas in the tank without thinking so I'm planning on pulling the carb and checking the jets if no luck with readjusting the valves (XRX 300s have Air and fuel adjustment on top of an auto choke from what i see in the owners manual)

The only questions I have at this point is

1) What benefit is there to going with a cone intake?
While trying to detach the airbox, the bottom plastic cracked off and not it has no way but duck tape to re-attach.

2) What are the three darn hoses terminating inside the airbox and are they needed? If so, How can I arrange a new intake to accommodate them?

3) Anyone have a clue how much output comes from the stator on these 275.6 cc motors? trying to size light bar accordingly.

4) I already replaced the petcock with a straight 3/8 to 1/4 adapter Cant I just plug the vacuum hose that went to the old diaphragm petcock?

Any help will be appreciated. I love this buggy and we had a blast the several times we took it out. Ran all day and lifted me AND my not light son up some damn steep climbs. Full independent suspension really shines also. Just need to get her running again now that we have some acreage.