BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > 150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech

150cc GY6 and Under Engine Tech GY6 and Smaller Technical Discussion Forum

Old 06-05-2020, 01:51 PM
Lurker

Default TrailMaster Blazer4 - Engine Help

I have a TrailMaster Blazer4 150X that sadly, is out of warranty (1-YR) by a few days. While we had it out a few days ago, it backfired and died. I had a mechanic look at it, and you can see by the pictures the engine is DOA. Pretty sad since this go kart has about 580 miles on it. Apparently the belt that was on here shifted off the gear, crushed the engine and then shot the ball bearings around like a pipe bomb. You can see an impact mark in the picture.

I need to order a new engine for this and I am scratching my head a bit. I am assuming this - https://gokart-shop.com/ENGINE-150cc-2000009-150XRS.htm is the same engine even though my model is not listed?

http://www.*************/PDF/Trailma...0manual_v2.pdf - shows the engine part number 1100000150G0A0. When I search for that, I get Hammerhead Performance. Now this has me questioning my next move.

1. What is the best engine I should replace the OEM part with?
2. Even though I have less than 600 miles on it, should I replace the carb? If so, is there a better one?

My biggest issue with this cart is that going up a hill, you can get passed by kids on bikes.

Appreciate the help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg damage1.jpg (88.6 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg damage2.jpg (92.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-26-2020, 06:39 PM
Lurker

Hope you were able to find some help picking out a new motor. I was really interested in buying this cart for mountain cabin. After hearing about the trouble with hills I'm not so sure. Have to made any changes to the hearing or variator rollers to help with the hills?
Old 08-26-2020, 06:45 PM
Lurker

Trazam1986 - I have everything working again. The new engine is running much better but I wish I could have ordered from HammerHead. They had zero in stock and had no idea when they would get them back in.

I would not suggest this for mountains. I live in Denver and we just use it in the neighborhood so I am on concrete. Even slight inclines and I can only top out at 18-22 mph. In the mountains on serious inclines I think it would be extremely difficult. If I was going to get one for the mountains I would probably look at a Polaris or something along those lines. Just my worthless two cents.
Old 08-26-2020, 07:09 PM
Lurker

I appreciate your view. Unfortunately for tooling around on the roads of my community I can't justify the cost of the Polaris. Just looking for something fun to drive to the clubhouse, or to the pool. Any chance you would post a few pics of the motor/ clutch/sprocket areas on your ride? Can't get a good look on the ads. Thanks. Glad you are back running. Jim