BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Lurker

Default Brake Pads - Carter GTR 250

Hey everyone, I've got to replace the brake pads on my GTR and (as I'm sure most of you know), Carter's parts center is seemingly non-existent. So I was checking around and found the Hammerhead Twister brake pads, and they seem to be the same. Can anyone comment on whether they would fit or not? I've seen many comparisons between the GTR and the HH250 so I'm hoping they will.
If not, can anyone recommend where I could get my hands on pads that will fit? I'd like to know ASAP, because there's a long weekend this weekend and I want to get my GTR finally out of the shed and on the trails, and that's all I'm waiting on.
Thanks in advance!

-OTR

2007 Carter Brothers GTR 250
Old 05-16-2011, 09:01 PM
Administrator

If I am not mistaken, the Yamaha Blaster 200 pads will work. Most of your motorcycle accessory stores will have a brake pad book with life-size pad pictures. They can take your old pad and match it up to one in their book. Like I said, if you do that look for pads for a 2000 Yamaha Blaster 200. I think I had to grind one ear off each pad but they went right in otherwise and worked fine.