BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 PM
Lite Contributor

Unhappy Carter kpx breaks

I HAVE A CARTER GO KART MODEL 2936 4415, AND FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CANNOT GET THE BREAKS BACK TOGETHER ! METALSTUDMAN HAS BEEN A GREAT HELP WITH ALL I HAVE DONE, I AM GOING TO TRY AND DOWN LOAD PICTURES TO THIS POST, BUT IF IT DOES NOT WORK I DO HAVE SOME IN MY ALBUM... IS THERE ANY WHERE I CAN FIND A DIAGRAM OR SOMTHING..
THANK YOU PEEPS SQUIRT SOME DIRT

has anyone seen or worked with this set up, my head is pounding just cannot seem to see how it goes ..... i have been looking at this trying to figure it out, WOW WHAT IS THE DEAL MORE THAN LIKELY SIMPLE BUT FOR ME GIVE ME SOME NAILS AND A HAMMER AND I WILL BUILD A HOUSE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_4484.jpg (89.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4482.jpg (93.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4480.jpg (95.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4481.jpg (89.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4478.jpg (84.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4475.jpg (97.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4473.jpg (94.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 101_4477.jpg (92.4 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by carter dude; 08-05-2011 at 07:09 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Super Moderator

I've never seen this type of brake set-up but it appears that the black plate w/3 holes is the swingarm/lever.I see the brake pedal cable has a clevis, a pin should go through it and through the top hole in the black swingarm/lever.The center hole is going to go between the plates in the first photo with the spring along side the plate with a pin running through frame,swingarm/lever & spring to release the brakes. I see wear patterns on the black plate towards the bottom where the long portion of the spring has been rubbing.the remaining hole (bottom) in the swingarm/ lever should fit in the center slot of the brake band w/ a pin through it. Make any sense?
Old 08-04-2011, 06:35 AM
Lite Contributor

ok does one end of the brake band just float in there, because there is a small pin with NO hole in it ,its only as long as the band is wide... i cant see how the band will attach to both ends of the band, ps your input is so great i see you have great answers to 90% of peoples questions......
Old 08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

One end of the brake band is stationary usually on a pin/rod welded to the frame, the other end floats- most set-up's the floating end is either on a rod attached to the pedal or a cable, when the brake pedal is applied it pulls it forward closing the gap on the drum.Yes the pin with no hole in it could go to the brake band as long as it's the right diameter & length.Your brakes appear to use the flat plate w/ 3 holes to drop the location of the cable and provide a return spring for the pedal.