BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Other tech issues

Other tech issues For all other technical issues. Think frame, suspension, steering, brakes, etc

Old 05-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Lurker

Default Front hub on the GTR 250

For all you GTR owners out there... What is the bolt pattern on YOUR front hub? Turns out they are all different... I just called Carter technical support and got the line, "The Chinese are infamous for running changes." Technical support at carter measured a couple of hubs they had and got 101mm for one of them. Mine is 105mm. And the rims I ordered from ITP are 110mm.

Call me a moron for not measuring them myself. But who would have thought there are 3 different front hubs on the GTR? I got my info from a search on this forum and 2 other buggy forums that all said the GTR 250 had 110mm bolt spacing.

I got a Carter dealer who is going to send me a new hub that is 110mm and we'll see if it works. I don't mind working on stuff. That's part of the fun. I don't mind even having to tinker a bit. That's even more fun. But its not fun when the parts are not standard. Can you even find 4x105mm rims? The only google results I could get were foreign cars and small Fords.

By the way, anyone in the market for a set of 105mm front hubs and rims for the GTR 250? If I can convert my hub for the 110mm rims, I'll put them up for sale here. They only have 4 weeks of riding on them.

Last edited by PyroDoctor; 05-18-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Lurker

I think I solved the problem. I searched for "wheel adapters" and none for 105mm. But I noticed a "4/4 to 4/110" adapter used for golf carts. Turns out that a 4/4 bolt pattern is a 4" spacing, or 101.6mm. So I went back and PRECISELY measured the bolt pattern on both wheels and got 102mm or 4" exactly. Carter is putting 4/4 golf cart hubs on the front!

A set of 4/4 to 4/110 adapters is about $100. Here is one web site that sells them: http://www.kgmotorcycletires.com/atv_wheel_spacers.htm

And another: http://www.motoxmall.com/atv-wheel-a...0-adapter.html

The tech support guys at Carter did not even know this... I am gonna call them back tomorrow and ask directly.

As for the ITP SS wheels. It looks like I will get the set of adapters and keep the rims. ITP does make golf cart rims that should fit the front of the GTR. http://www.itpgolf.com/products.html But I need a 14x6, and they only make the SS212 in a 12x7 rim. They do make 14x6 rims in other designs. This should resolve some headaches for those out there wanting to put custom rims on.

So all you GTR 250 owners:

4x137 on the back, ITP makes them for ATVs.

4x110 on the front if you are in luck and got this type of hub.

OR if you got 4/4 hubs:
4x110 on the front with a 4/4 to 4/110 adapter OR just use 4x4 go kart rims, which ITP makes also in designs that match the ATV rims.