BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 03-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker

Default Baja 450

A few weeks ago someone introduced himself on a Dutch buggy forum and
showed the new buggy he just bought.
I wonder if you know this one cause I've never seen it before.
It looks like a great bug to me especially when you see how it rides.

Here is some info and a vid
http://www.bugconcept.com/buggys/jianshe/baja450.htm
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77...-rider-co_auto

What do you think?
Old 03-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Lite Contributor

cool machine but it does not come close to your 4x4 buggy
Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM

Why doesn't it?

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 PM

cause

idk lol its an opinion
-gutted exaust
-extended lugs
-headlights
-reflectors
-my stickers
-adjusted suspension
-ground out hubs
(to fit on the tires)

helix 150
Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Lurker

Location: State college PA but also have a house on a farm in Hershey Pa,

Yo check out rage buggies, these things are beast. but they cost around 60 grand in Australia.http://www.ragemotorsport.com/
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 PM
Lite Contributor

joshstep1 this is just my opinion i can't wait to own a four wheel drive buggy i've been looking at the mako for a long time and would love to own one. Maybe some day they will be available in the US.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Administrator

That's quite a beast of a machine as well!
Old 03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Lurker

Hey Pabuggy I gotta say that I like my buggy better, but this one looks also nice.
The guy ho owns it does not live very far from me, so I hope to meet him someday soon and shoot some pictures from our two buggy's for comparison.
For now he's already back for repair, the engine broke down on his way home the day he bought it

If you ever get the chance to by a Mako (or a Grizzly as they call it here) don't hesitate for you will not regret it.
It's a wonderful machines and it drives fantastic

Last edited by Buglog; 03-19-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Contributor

buglog, is the buggy you're referring to (the mako) the same one hammerhead makes in canada?? the 500cc buggy?
i would looooooooove to drive one of those.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
39T SPROCKET (coming soon)
Old 03-19-2010, 03:23 PM
Lite Contributor

KID4LIFE yes the mako is the hammerhead 500 4x4 awsome machines the 450 looks
great to.Buglog it may just be the picture but that 450 looks really wide. I don't think he is going to keep up on the trails.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:04 PM
Lurker

The Grizzly and the Mako the one Hammerhead 'makes' are indeed the same.
The fabric name is: NBLUCK LK500 and it's not made by Hammerhead in Canada but by
Ningbo Luck Vehicle Co in ....... China
http://www.nbluck.com.cn/

There's another buggy that looks just like called the Renli but the quality isn't so good.
http://www.renlivehicle.cn/showproduct.asp?id=347

Looking at the pictures on the website from Hammerhead Canada I can see they first sold the Renli (calling it Mako) and then switched to the better NBLUCK (still calling it Mako).

And yes PAbuggy I too think the 450 looks really wide. I even think the wheelbase of the 450 is almost the same as the NBLUCK but the frame of the 450 looks much smaller.
In the video you see it hit the ground pretty easy.
From the info in the vid I understand it has a manual gearbox which I don't prefer.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:02 PM
Contributor

i like the stance of my hh250 only being 52" wide or so because i can take it on ATV trails or jeep trails if i want. the drawback is the 250cc part. i would like the same size body with about a 350-400cc engine accompanied by a clutch, not the CVT. if i buy a bigger or wider buggy, i might as well go back to the CJ-5 or CJ-7's and build a monster. i do like the idea of the mako having 4wd though.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 03-20-2010, 06:57 AM
Heavy Contributor

There are a lot of really cool buggys manufactored around the world. Probably 75% are not made available to us here in the USA. Why? Because of epa and emission standards set forth by our government. It is a very long and expensive process to get a motor passed off for sale here. Most overseas company's don't want to mess with the red tape or bear the cost so we miss out! These company's won't consider us as long as the European market can support them. It is a real shame,

I really like the idea of a 450, 4 stroke with a manual 5 speed tranny. A few tweaks could make some serious horsepower!

I got a buddy living in Mexico, maybe he could get one for me? Sounds like a good excuse to pay him a visit

It does appear in that promo for the Baja 450 that the film speed has been bumped up a touch to give the appearance of speed. They didn't do a good job of hiding that but it is a typical old marketing trick.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Contributor

you would think that any buggy company would pay the "price" to get their product into the US market with as many gear heads that reside here.....lol
it might give the current suppliers here some stiff competition and drive the prices down a little to make them more affordable to a wider audience.
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 03-20-2010, 06:28 PM
Heavy Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KID4LIFE View Post
you would think that any buggy company would pay the "price" to get their product into the US market with as many gear heads that reside here.....lol
it might give the current suppliers here some stiff competition and drive the prices down a little to make them more affordable to a wider audience.
That's true, we have our share of gear heads but so does other countries and without the governmental hassle. Plus the competition is pretty strong already as it is, just ask some of our favorite dealers.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
Supporting Vendor

Shanghai Tandom Motors is the maker of buggy pictured. They also make a wicked 300 single seat buggy but nobody imports this machine. I could order them but would have to buy 8 of them making it impossible for me. CKAU is correct when he talks of epa restrictions. It seems that the same vehicles sold in Europe as in the USA will get considerably better fuel millege. For instance the VW diesel in 2007 here in the states would get about 50mpg whereas Europe they get 70mpg. In 2008 VW did not sell the diesel in the USA due to the low sulpher content in our diesel mandated by the epa in 2008. In 2009 VW brought the diesel back but from the 2 people whom I know own one they only get 40mpg now. Here is a funny story, in 2007 Blade had to pay to have his 250cc XT epa certified. He sent me an e-mail showing me copies of the forms needed to be completed for the epa by the certified testing facility which is one of only 2 in the USA which can certify. On the lower right hand corner was the form number date of revised form than Honda Motor Company Japan. Now does this give you any idea of the influence Honda has on the epa? Nothing had been said about certifications until the Chinese markets started moving in on the big 4 ( Honda, Yamaha, Kawasakee, Polaris). Than all of a sudden in 2009 the Chinese buggies bikes and scooters were detained in port by epa because carbs did not have the adjustment air fuel blocked off. They will not even let a stock carb in this country now unless the air fuel mix screw is tamper proof. This is truely a bunch of crap and everyone on this site as well as others should be contacting their representatives about these as well as many other issues before this country is crushed to where your only way around will be by electric or bicycle. The government is confiscating millions of acres out west and closing it to motorized eqpt. Here in North MS. all state parks have been closed to atv's, and of the few private parks there were that were closed due to law suites from people building next to the parks. So now unless you have land there is really no where to ride. Everybody on this site needs to find out who there rep is and start pestering the hell out of them with e-mails, letters, calls and faxes. We all pay taxes for our federal as well as state lands but yet the minority dictate as how they may be used. TOM
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Contributor

Tom you make a good point here. Our government is truly getting out of hand with the way they conduct day to day business and what is even worse than that is the people just set idly by and let it happen, as if they could care less that there freedoms are slowly being taken from them one by one. I think it is high time people quit setting idly by watching this kind of stuff happen and realize that this is our land and that these so called leaders are employed by us. We have gotten far to comfortable and if you will lazy letting the steamroller of government just slowly roll over us. Lord knows I have been guilty of this as well, but no longer. Heck I asked a park ranger I know in town where I live if there were any places to ride and he said there were not. We have acres and acres of beautiful varying terrain around a lake that is owned by the Osage Tribe that would be prime riding land. Bottom line our government needs to be reminded who pays their tab and that they can be unemployed as easily as they were employed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeulR4W1_PU
Old 03-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Contributor

power to the people !!
DR. PULLEY VARIATOR
RED MAIN
17g ROLLERS
12T/45T SPROCKETS
IRIDIUM PLUG
HP CDI & COIL
LED LIGHTS

ASW CARBIDE
UNI
12g SLIDERS
RED MAIN
Old 03-24-2010, 09:55 AM
Lurker

A little power in my buggy isn't to bad also......
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 PM
Lite Contributor

That's a mean lookin' machine Buglog. I checked out the link. I couldn't help but notice the Jimanshe Co. Since 1889 there on the pic. Since 1889? The buggies they made back then musta been horse and buggy type! lol
Old 03-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglog View Post
Hey Pabuggy I gotta say that I like my buggy better, but this one looks also nice.
The guy ho owns it does not live very far from me, so I hope to meet him someday soon and shoot some pictures from our two buggy's for comparison.
For now he's already back for repair, the engine broke down on his way home the day he bought it

If you ever get the chance to by a Mako (or a Grizzly as they call it here) don't hesitate for you will not regret it.
It's a wonderful machines and it drives fantastic
Hello you all,

I am the guy from the buggy and as soon as I really am able to make some trips with it, I surely will put the results on here.

And Buglog. When do we have a trip together? With Eastern?

Greetings from Robert
Old 03-30-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAbuggy View Post
joshstep1 this is just my opinion i can't wait to own a four wheel drive buggy i've been looking at the mako for a long time and would love to own one. Maybe some day they will be available in the US.
How about a Joyner Trooper?

Mods:
Dr. Pulley Hit Clutch
FMF Slip-On Exhaust
No Rev. CDI
Uni Air Filter
130 Main jet
1500 RPM main clutch spring
11g sliders
75w Halogen Headlights

CARBIDE!