BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 05-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Lurker

Question can anyone identify this mini buggy?

i found this buggy in a neighbors garage (been there for years maybe 10?), my 7 year old boy is doing his best to wear it out....

any ideas where some spare parts, manual....manufacturer etc could be found? http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/at...&d=1338348162e
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buggyx.jpg (81.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 05-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Power User

looks like an early version of the hammerhead mini shark. Exact same side panels and brush guard (the not a roll cage roll cage)
Old 05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Lurker

Thanks X-bird
this does look remarkably similar to the new ones on the internet. i have sent a couple of e-mails to the on-line dealers, so far they say they have never seen one like this. I think I need to find a dealer, that has been around for years, or a way to contact the factory. The logo on the Steering wheel and on the hub caps is a brand "Twister". I am not sure the histories of these companies but i think that became Hammer Head. image of logo attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twister logo.jpg (91.0 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Power User

you've got it --an early hammerhead mini shark. I'm pretty sure "Twister" was the company name and hammerhead the model line. The roll cage is identical throughout all the years the front end/steering changed, the side of the chassis got a couple extra tubes and there were a few different swingarm/engine variations.

I "resto-modded" one for my daughter. Here's my thread on it, shows a lot of the parts even though it originally was slightly different.

http://www.buggymasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2461

Last edited by x-bird; 05-30-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:24 PM
Lurker

X-bird thanks for the thread, looks like that was an interesting project. I need a few parts to make this one perfect.....will make most of them looks like the other things like the seat belts, front wheel dust cover should be fairly redily available. will need to fabricate a chain gaurd for sure.

I think this buggy is even older than the one you used for the project and in remarkably good condition.

thanks again for your help
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01993.jpg (98.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01994.jpg (95.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02005.jpg (98.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01999.jpg (90.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02006.jpg (96.7 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Power User

good to hear ... if he ever wants to ride somewhere with hills, you're gonna need a different engine on it ...
Old 05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Lurker

We are lucky regarding the Hills, it is flat in Houston. 60 miles from the coast and my home is only 120 feet above sea level.
if it becomes a bit under powered for him, i will get him one that is a bit bigger, there is a 4 year old sister that likes to ride it carefully...... for now.

how did your little one like the project?
cheers