BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 04-05-2014, 11:50 PM
Contributor

Default Buggy withdrawls

Last trip to the desert in the middle of February on our last ride after I found out the exhaust stud pulled out we were going to head home. But we promised that we would let Tyler our 21 year old downs special needs son drive back to camp about 1 mile or more. My wife rides with him and has her left hand on the under side of the wheel and her left leg ready to hit the brake because he has no fear. We have done this a dozen times and he is so happy after driving he thinks about it almost the whole 3 hour ride home.

But this time he was going steady and straight about 20mph and at the last minuet he floored the gas and turned straight into a 5ft sage brush plant and turned it into a jump!!!. My wife tried to hang onto the wheel and when they went over it the wheel jerked and twisted her wrist. Here we are 2 months later and her wrist is still sore. She finally went to the doctor for x rays and it is not broken, but the tendons are on the mend. Looks like we may not get another ride in till the fall ):

I am very thankful my beautiful wife will be okay and Tyler will be okay with being a passenger from here on out.

Last edited by Johnny 5; 04-05-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 11:58 PM
Heavy Contributor

Glad it was nothing serious. Good to know after she heals you all will be riding again.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:35 AM

Good to hear everyone is neither of them were seriously injured. Best of luck to you and your family.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:37 AM

I think fall is the best riding season anyway!!!