BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 08-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Lurker

Default brake help

well I bought a used mini buggy off some guys, it needed a little work and one the things where the brakes were weak to the point of on brakes. I bleed the brakes (I learned how to bleed brake at a shop were I had to job shadow a guy and.... well you get the point, I know how to bleed brakes) but still they are weak to no brakes at all sometimes. why is it doing this??
Old 08-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Supporting Vendor

couple things to try, assuming you have no leaks

1. when bleeding sometimes best to set adjustments to the weakest point and adjust stiffer after you get some pedal. adjust via the rod linkage or plungers at the master depending on the set up you have.

2. sometimes reverse force the fluid to the master from the caliper to push any air out of the lines. you can do this by finding a pointy cap like from a gear lube bottle and attach it to the brake fluid bottle. cut the hole so you can fit it in the hole where your bleeder screws in. remove the bleeder take the cap of the master and squeeze til the fluid in the master rises.

3. always bleed w/ the cap off of the master

4. simply try to make adjustments at the master plungers or rod linkages, you might already have bled the lines good enough.

"LUCIFER" JOYNER JD400,
CROSSHAMMER 250R,
YERF GX150,
CROSSFIRE MBX150,
BMS 800V-TWIN
'16 RZR 900s ,
'17 ACE 900XC,
'99KX250,
'94 KDX200,
'18 SSR SR170TX

Old 08-07-2014, 09:17 AM
Lurker

I bleed the brakes so many times I flushed the system 2 times. I well try the rods but it just seems odd that it is pushing a lot of brake fluid out the breather when I bleed it but the calipers wont engage when the system is sealed.