BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 04-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Contributor

Default carbide with out a belt

guys we have a fox carbide totally stock. we just put a belt on it from american sportworks that was a kevlar as it had a broken belt when i bought it. hears my thing i feel like we made are track to aggressive with 2 climbes and 2 creek crosses that are wild. can this fox carbide 150cc be modded to climb without blowing a belt a day. part that gets me is it didnt seem as though it was struggling to much do do what we asked but the climbs were pretty long.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Heavy Contributor

1. When replacing the belt, you must remove the forward pulley (variator) to realign the roller weights. They will fall out of place when the belt fails.

2. Have you change the torque spring behind the clutch or variator weights? If not, it will be upshifting too quickly and downshifting too slowly.

3. I don't advise using the Kevlar belts. If you have CVT failure, Gears and pulleys can be taken out before the Kevlar gives and cost much more than a belt to repair.