BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > Technical Discussions > Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech

Go Kart Engine and Torque Converter Tech Forum for discussing go kart engines and torque converters (Briggs, Tecumseh, Suburu, Comet etc)

Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker

Default Needing help pleasea

Hey all new one here. I just bought my kids a Murray Explorer Go kart the other day. I noticed when I took the cover off of it that the 20 series comet spring was all wacked out. I took it off ordered the little black buttons as well as a new spring and put it back to gether. My question is this? Can anyone show me a picture of one of these that are put back together. Do the metal tip at the top go between the buttons or is it suppost to be on the sides of them? This is my first exp. with this type of setup. any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

goes beside the buttons
Old 07-28-2010, 03:12 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalstudman1 View Post
goes beside the buttons
Thanks, Does anyone have a photo? How many times do i need to turn the spring before it goes back on?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Lite Contributor

Jk,
I got a decent manual for the Murray, and a pretty extensive technichian's hanbook for Tecumseh if that's your powerplant, I got these together and I think that was the reasoning why. Too big to post on here, hit me up if you need 'em.
Jake.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTheSnake View Post
Jk,
I got a decent manual for the Murray, and a pretty extensive technichian's hanbook for Tecumseh if that's your powerplant, I got these together and I think that was the reasoning why. Too big to post on here, hit me up if you need 'em.
Jake.
Thanks Jake, I actually have both of those already. Im changing the Tecumseh to a clone this week, Guess I will see how that goes??? Wonder if anyone has ever done this before and what all is involved?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Oh man what a good question. I used to know this stuff off the top of my head but it's been so long I forgot. If I remember right, there are three holes that you can put the spring into on the outer part. You use the second one but you can go one way or another to change the shift point on the driven. When looking at the outer portion of the driven from the top (as if you are getting ready to compress it), the tits on the outer portion should sit to the left of the black pieces.

I have attached a picture. Best I could come up with for the time being.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 30series.jpg (25.1 KB, 11 views)