BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum

Go Back   BuggyMasters.Com - An On Line Mini Buggy Forum and Go Kart Forum > General Mini Buggy and Go Kart Forums > Mini Buggy General Discussion

Mini Buggy General Discussion General Discussion forum for Mini Buggies. (American Sportworks, HammerHead, Carter, etc)

Old 06-06-2012, 10:13 AM
Contributor

Default Buggy "Storage Wars"

I have to store my buggy in a pay by the month storage unit and I was renting a 10 by 20 foot unit that was costing $90 a month and had a metal door.But last year the owner had a unit with wood doors for $50 a month so I moved to save some money.There are over 200 units in the complex and I have one of only 2 units that have wood doors!Storage wars is based on people that default on paying the rent and the owner offers what is inside for sale by bid to the highest bidder.He first has to cut the lock off cause 99% of these units have metal doors.Some guy paid $1500 for junk that was in a unit on yesterday's show!!!Alot of stuff is old nasty clothes that could be full of mice nests or full of spiders!!!...........so to get in my unit all you need is a crowbar or a hammer with a claw end hungry termites or fire. mancoman
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1471.jpg (95.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1472.jpg (92.5 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 100_1473.jpg (93.2 KB, 22 views)
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Contributor

That is what I call a good find.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Wow- you're unit has $15. doors- the others have $400+ doors and you're only discounted $40. a month? Well you gotta store your buggy somewhere!!!!
Is that a grandson?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Power User

heck, i even put 1x3s on my wood shed plywood doors lol .... drill with a hole saw, look out manco, here i come ....
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Lite Contributor

Yeah, toys take up lots of room. I got a 3-car garage and my fathers 26x36 enclosed barn and its still not enough. I just added another toy yesterday....its good to have toys!
If I could get my wife to park her car outside I would have room for a couple more.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:57 PM
Contributor

Know what you mean.Mine is always b----in about mine and when I mention hers it is completly diffrent
Old 06-06-2012, 10:28 PM
Contributor

metalstudman1 no that little guy is my son in the photo as I have 4 sons ages 29 18 6 and 3 yrs old and 2 granddaughters 6 months and 5 yrs old.When I was in replacement windows sales there was many many people with 2 bay garages and so full of junk like mowers quads kyaks furniture wood and tons of other junk that it was very hard for me to measure the existing windows and the people let their cars sit outside in all types of weather!But boys gotta have toys and gives the wife something to b..ch about. mancoman
Old 06-07-2012, 01:36 AM
Super Moderator

Wow that's a young boy!!! sorry if I made you feel OLD!!!! I have a 33 son, 22 daughter,13 son & 8 daughter-(no grandkid's yet) And I thought I was raising young kid's later in life!!!! They do keep us young and active.
My wife doesn't complain about our toys-She's just as guilty as me about her buggy!! I just keep building more covered storage space!!!!
Old 06-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Contributor

Also something that took up alot of garage space is when someone lost a mother or father and had no space to store their house full of stuff.I always felt sorry for these people as they had no choice but to plle it in the garage(s)............what kind of toys are you boys collecting to take so much space and come clean with it???............you and your wife the next time you bring one home . mancoman